Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Salsa




I recently began participating in a local produce co-op, which is a nice way to get high quality fruits and veggies for a lower price. While the deal is a good one, I still found myself with a big bag of produce that contained a few things that I don't normally buy. In this case, cucumbers and corn. Enter a fancy new recipe! I found a recipe here and modified it to come up with this super delicious summer salsa:




2 medium cucumbers, peeled and diced
1 mango, diced

1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (I really like cilantro:))

1 small green bell pepper, diced

1 small onion, diced

1/2 cup frozen corn

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

1 teaspoon rapadura (or sugar)

1 teaspoon salt



Mix together and serve chilled with tortilla chips. If you give the flavors a little time to meld, say two or three hours, it tastes even better.




I think I'll start using cucumbers more often!




1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited to try this recipe! I've never had any kind of salsa with cucumber :) This is a great recipe for for when the weather is hot. I've been living on homemade guacamole.(http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/pico_de_gallo_a/) Good blog for recipes...Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete