Thursday, March 11, 2010

A healthy recipe for today



As I mentioned before, I have recently become really into nutrition for my family. I make sure to be really aware of the ingredients that are in our food. For example, I will never purchase something that has hydrogenated oils in it. You will find this is almost every processed food. (Be sure to buy all natural peanut butter.) Also, I watch for added sugar and anything that is "enriched," because when it has been enriched that means they originally took natural nutrition out and added man-made vitamins in, which is not a good idea. It is definitely possible for you to feed your family healthy, natural foods that have not been altered or processed. I learned a lot of what I know about this subject from a book called "What the Bible Says About Healthy Living," by Dr. Rex Russell. The premise is basically: God created certain things for food and He made that very clear. We get ourselves in a lot of trouble when we alter these God-given foods and thats why many people find themselves with so many health problems, which we were never intended to have. (I am not saying all health problems are avoidable. I am just saying a lot of them are naturally preventable.)


Todays very delicious healthy recipe:

4 tilapia fillets

1/2 cup unsweetened flake coconut

1/2 cup crushed nuts (almonds or pecans are best)

1/2 cup whole wheat flour

1 egg

1 tsp. lemon pepper

salt and pepper


Preheat oven to 375. Get three bowls. Place the flour, lemon pepper and salt and pepper in the first bowl and put the egg in the second bowl. In the third bowl place the coconut and nuts. Then Take the tilapia fillets and coat them with the flour mixture, then the egg and then the cocnut and nuts. Bake them until they are white and flaky. (about 30 min.) My husband and 1 year old daughter love this recipe and it is made with only God-given, natural ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment